Friday, November 21, 2008

If you love curry dishes-this will be your next favorite!

Once you get all the ingredients it is a snap to make. I make this at least 3 times a month. Good for entertaining too!

Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce

1 teaspoon dark (or regular) sesame oil, divided
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper *(see notes below)
2 tablespoons cup chopped green onions *(see notes below)
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 teaspoons low-sodium (or regular) soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 (14-ounce) can light (or regular) coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
3 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets or 1 breast of chicken breast (cut small and cook before) or tofu
Cooking spray
2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
3 lime wedges

Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and onions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Add fish/chicken/tofu. Remove from heat.

Serve with rice, and lime wedges and cilantro.

*Instead of green onions you could use any kind of onion and I also add small bits of potatoes (can or cook before), and/or green beans.

Yield: 3 big servings

2 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

This looks SO good, can't wait to make it!

Mama Nirvana said...

You didn't leave me your email address, so I am commenting over here.

WW pastry and regular WW will definitely make a difference in how moist/chewy your cookies will be. If you want to try it again, definitely use the pastry flour. Did you get the oatmeal ground really fine? Also, did you let the dough come up to room temperature before you used it? That would make it not spread out. Did you use convection or just a higher temp? I think my convection really helps my cookies get crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside.

Sorry they didn't turn out for you.

Amy

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.

Blog Archive