I have had a few moms ask how I make my baby food and here it is! It is so easy and CHEAP. And it just takes a few extra minutes of your day.
All you need is:
-Freezer (check)
-2 Ice cube trays (cheap you can find it at Walmart for $2)
-Sranwrap (check)
-Freezer quart size Ziploc bags
-Blender or Food processor or VitaMix
Foods to cook (or even buy in cans or frozen isle):
Carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, spinach, green beans, peas, the list goes on and on.
Cook or open can or frozen (thawed) bag of vegetables and throw in blender and process to a liquid. Pour into ice cubes trays, cover with sranwrap and freeze. After frozen, pop them out of trays and place into quart Ziploc bags. One cube is 1 serving for baby and I put it in a microwave safe bowl and zap for 30 seconds.
So easy! If you have any questions please ask!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of my favorite pictures
About Me
- Diane Jaggi
- This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.
Family and Friends
- Aileen and Brandon
- Amy and Rob Simpson
- Angie and Brandon Wright
- Ashlee and Elliot Bailey
- Ashlee Photo
- Ashley and Jon
- Avery Nelsen
- Becky and Kevin Goins
- Emilee and Bill Carruth
- Holly Fisher
- Holly Spears
- Jake and Ashley Jaggi
- Janet and Aaron Shumway
- Jenny Gayan
- Jeremy and Taren Morris
- Jill and Tyson Watson
- John and Joanna Anderson
- Kam and Jenna Hibbard
- Kari and Garrett Walker
- Karrisa Bagley
- Kate and Zach Hulet
- Katie and Randy Tucker
- Kevin and Emily Bowman
- Kiersten Kobel
- Leigh Ann and Will Downer
- Leigh Ann's Living Providently
- Lena (Jaggi) Phillips
- Liz and Matt Higginson
- Mccall Morrison
- Merry Lynn Guy
- Mike and Lindsay Simons
- Natalie and Rodney Vickers
- Nate and Sara Bingham
- Nina and Justin Winward
- Rachel Simpson
- Rob and Kendra Tucker
- Ryan and Brittany Hunt
- Samye and Dustin Peterson
- Skeeter Allen
- Susan and Brad Anderson
- The Jackson Family
5 comments:
Love it! Thanks for sharing I will have to keep this in mind!!!
Talk about a friendly frugal tip of the day!
Hey Diane! I am happy to see you are still making baby food. It is so fun and easy. Make sure you check out these websites for more tips and recipes. And make sure you check the salt content of the foods you pick. When I started Sterling on solids I bought organic frozen peas, made the baby food then found out they added salt. NOT good. Anyways here are the sites: wholesomebabyfood.com, and wholesometoddlerfood.com! Enjoy! One more thing homemade baby food tastes better to the baby and it is easier to switch to table food. It tastes the same.
I didn't realize its so easy. So about... lets see.... next May-Junish are you going to let me walk to you house and use your vitamix?! Thanks for the tips!
I love making my own food too. So much fun. But I dont use the micro to defrost the food or to steam the food prior to making. I am pretty conventional in that area. Come to my site and visit the side bar under Pro Shop to find my link to my favorite baby food site.
Post a Comment