Monday, September 24, 2012

Banana Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting -YUM-O!!


To Die For Banana Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting
This was so good.  Telling you so good!  Go make this today-Vanilla bean paste is found at Williams Sonoma. Makes one 8x8-inch pan (double recipe for a 9x13 pan) (Recipe: ButterYum)
 

Cake:

2/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup sour cream

1 egg

2 tablespoons butter, softened

2 mashed super ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used the vanilla bean paste!)

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

 
Frosting:

2 tablespoons butter, softened

1/4 cup heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or equal amount of pure vanilla extract)

1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
 
Frosting - I didn't have any heavy cream, but I had cool whip, so I mixed 1 container of cool whip with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste and 1/2-3/4 cup of confectioner's sugar. It was so yummy!

 
To make cake (easily mixed by hand):

Preheat the oven to 375F (see note below). Cream together sugar, sour cream, egg, and 2 tablespoons softened butter. Add mashed bananas and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well. Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

 
To make frosting:

Cream butter and confectioner's sugar together until smooth. Slowly add the heavy cream; stir until smooth. Stir in the vanilla bean paste until fully incorporated. Spread on cooled cake.
 

Note - Bake at 350F if using a glass pan.
Recipe doubles well to fit in a 9x13 pan.

1 comment:

Hibbard Family said...

Diane, we really do need to be neighbors again! I've lost all motivation to bake and you're always revved up! lol. sounds delish!

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.