Sunday, August 22, 2010

One of the best cookies I have made in a long time!

Most of my friends know I am a COOKIE girl. I love my cookies! However I am so bad that I cheat when I make cookies, I love, love Betty Crocker cookie mix. I have tried to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies, but I can't beat B. C. But I made these cookies off a "hippie whole food store" and they are AWESOME!! You still can't beat Betty's but these mix some of the best favors there can be in a cookie! Try them you will love them.


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated

In a food processor pulse one cup oats until ground fine. In a large bowl stir together ground oats, remaining 1/2 cup whole oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla and peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and grated chocolate, beating just until combined.

Chill cookie dough, covered, at least 2 hours and up to a week. Preheat oven to 325°

Form rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly.

Bake cookies in batches, in middle of oven, 13-15 minutes, or until just pale golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes and transfer to racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

Oh Diane how I miss your cookies!! I will definitely be trying these.

janet said...

Diane, I tried these today and they were so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.