I should of done little journal entries, but all well - here is some info on our move.
Our last days in Vegas we were SO busy it was filled with packing and more packing. We lived in our house at Arlington Ranch for about 5 years. That has been the most part of our married lives and we had it packed full (all 1650 sqft). We believe in food storage and it fed us for the last month of our stay, and we even gave away tons of our freezer and fridge foods and the rest came with us as well as every book and toy. We rented the 26 foot Penke truck (the biggest you can get) and it was pack so full you couldn't put one more thing in it. (We had to open the back of the truck for the CA check point station and poor John was so worried that something would fall out and crush him- it was so full. Luckily nothing fell and the check point guy didn't want to see anymore either.) It was like a jigsaw puzzle to unpack. We had some scratches and dents, but John warned me before that this would happen and I was preparing myself, so I wouldn't freak out (still did a little). I wish I took a picture of the truck, but of course I didn't. I was more concerned about the two little ones and our all night 1000 mileish drive. My best friend Tiffani and her hubby Tim flew down to help pack and drive. What life savers! Can't say enough about best friends, they are angels! They drove the first 12 hours, switching to us (John and myself)and then Tiffani wouldn't let me continue and finished the last 3 hours of the drive. So my drive time was 3 hours - spoiled!!! The kids slept a lot-Thank goodness. Matthew is a stud to drive with. Izzie hates it! So we were really grateful it was night with the most part of the drive. We left around 4pm and arrived in Pleasant Hill, OR at 12:30pm - I think. It is such a big blurr to me now. I was so tired from the weeks of packing, goodbyes and stress that I was a mess.
To be continued......
Stay tuned for the next part of our story, soon to come - and pictures!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of my favorite pictures
About Me
- Diane Jaggi
- This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.
Family and Friends
- Aileen and Brandon
- Amy and Rob Simpson
- Angie and Brandon Wright
- Ashlee and Elliot Bailey
- Ashlee Photo
- Ashley and Jon
- Avery Nelsen
- Becky and Kevin Goins
- Emilee and Bill Carruth
- Holly Fisher
- Holly Spears
- Jake and Ashley Jaggi
- Janet and Aaron Shumway
- Jenny Gayan
- Jeremy and Taren Morris
- Jill and Tyson Watson
- John and Joanna Anderson
- Kam and Jenna Hibbard
- Kari and Garrett Walker
- Karrisa Bagley
- Kate and Zach Hulet
- Katie and Randy Tucker
- Kevin and Emily Bowman
- Kiersten Kobel
- Leigh Ann and Will Downer
- Leigh Ann's Living Providently
- Lena (Jaggi) Phillips
- Liz and Matt Higginson
- Mccall Morrison
- Merry Lynn Guy
- Mike and Lindsay Simons
- Natalie and Rodney Vickers
- Nate and Sara Bingham
- Nina and Justin Winward
- Rachel Simpson
- Rob and Kendra Tucker
- Ryan and Brittany Hunt
- Samye and Dustin Peterson
- Skeeter Allen
- Susan and Brad Anderson
- The Jackson Family
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys made it okay. That trip does not sound like fun. At church they've been reorganizing the clerk's office, and everytime they make a change to it, I realize that you guys are really gone. I hope you are loving Oregon. We sure miss you here in the desert.
glad you made it. The picture is lovely! Such a pretty family. I expect news on the newest addition which I am sure y'all will be blessed with in your new chapter of life in the Oregon Years. Hugs, ML
Post a Comment