Sunday, October 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Our new place - small but temporary and the rent is free! No complaining there. I told you it is 2 rooms - not 2 bedrooms, but only two rooms as you will see.



Yes, our kids share a room with each other and the TV.







No cabinets = Izzie into everything.



Our room, most of our clothes are in boxes. Have I told you John has a lot of clothes?



Our office with INTERNET!! That is how we watch our nightly TV shows.



The shop which turned to apartment.



Our front door and yes fridge (we couldn't fit it in the apartment). This area is not heated and you get a blast of cold when you get something out of the fridge. To the right is the bathroom. Yes, you have to come outside of the "apartment" and go to the bathroom. At night it is a huge wake-up and VERY DARK. To the left of the picture is a huge RV (my sisters) and then all our stuff (everything is mostly packed away-as you can see only the bare essentials are out and being used.)


This is what we see when we step out of the shop/apartment. My parents house in brown or grayish, which is just newly built connected to my sister's house (green -soon to be brownish/gray too). We all live on 26 acres and so far so good. John loves to go dirt biking with our nephews (Jake 14 and Josh 7). Matthew loves to play with Rae Rae, his cousin and Izzie just wants to run outside. Piper is also doing well - sometimes we just let him out and he wonders around and can't figure out which door to go to. (There are about 5 doors - that enters houses.) We are now starting our job search, nothing yet but it is still early.

4 comments:

Jeremy and Taren said...

Good luck with the job search. Hope you guys are enjoying Oregon. Miss you!!! Nice place by the way.

Hibbard Family said...

At first I was laughing looking at those pictures of your apartment. Girl I don't know how you're doing it! But then I get sad all over again thinking that you guys are really gone... for some reason I keep thinking you're coming back. Miss you ~

Membership Required said...

I am not sure why you left and now are in Oregon. but am excited to hear the tales. 26 acers. Wow! I would say quit house searching and just build a house on a chuck of that. Until happy dwelling. You know this might just be your version of the oregon trail days when families lived in covered wagons snug as a bug to get to the west coast. Hugs, ML

Kendra said...

what an adventure! I remember my family lived in a trailer on our friends' property one summer in Central Oregon when I was young. We were between homes for 3 months, trailer life was very cozy for our family of 6, but we made some fantastic memories & fun times playing with their kids, hunting for lizards, making forts, etc. Not that you'd enjoy that, per say! Keep treasuring the diamond moments in the rough. :) God bless you guys!

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.