Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our San Diego Vacation

It is always sad to come home from a great vacation. We had a wonderful time - a lot of walking, eating and no sleeping, however I will and want to do it again!

Here is the story of our trip-

First day:
It usually takes 5 hours to drive to San Diego - it took us 8 - never drive the I-15 on Memorial day. You don't drive you sit and wait. We checked in our hotel on the bay and played in the ocean. Perfect end to a crazy day.

Second day:
San Diego Zoo!
The four of us headed to the zoo and we got our only sunny day here. It was beautiful and fun to see all the animals. Matthew had a great time running around and naming all the animals. However I think he had more fun just RUNNING around. He did so good on his potty training - dry pull-ups the whole time! Just don't ask about the other days (not so good). The seal lion show was my favorite part -they were funny and entertaining. The Watson's did Lego Land and loved it and then we got back together and celebrated Jill's 30th Bday at the Cheesecake Factory.




Third day:
A day of rest at our hotel and Seal's Cove in La Jolla, CA.
From a no nap day to let's rest and play in the sand day - was well needed. The Watson's and Papa Jaggi spent the day with us as we played in the sand, and drove to see the seals at Seal's Cove. The seals were so STINKY ~ but had a lot of personality as they gave us a show with funny facial expressions and waving. We found a fun area for pictures - but the tide was coming in and we had to shoot and run. Papa Jaggi watched all 6 kids, as the parents got a night away and had a nice seafood dinner on the beach.


Fourth day:
Sea World
We arrived when it opened and left when it closed - and worth every minute. The dolphins were so fun and entertaining but everyone loved Shamu the Killer Whale (he is so big!). The Seal Lion show was so funny - I wish we could see it again! We did have a low point -we lost Matthew for 20 minutes (the longest 20 minutes of my life!) After a prayer to be able to find him, I saw him playing in the Elmo Park. He had no clue he was missing and we have been doing a lot of talking of who he is and our names and how NOT to run away. We got back to the hotel and finally slept well that night.




Fifth day:
San Diego Wild Life Park
So our last day ended with a bang of freezing weather and rain. However we still went to the Wild Life Park. We didn't realize San Diego was going to be so cold and I hardly packed any warm clothes - so we wore the same thing the whole trip. (But I still had 10 loads of laundry when I got home!) We went on the African Safari Tour and saw so many cool things! Lions, zebra, giraffe, mamas and babies. Matthew was so tired from our trip he fell asleep in the stroller for the last half -poor boy! We drove home that night and spent the rest of our vacation cleaning and cleaning.



I am grateful to have such a wonderful family - from this vacation I know that I love John more than ever, I still love my children and couldn't live without them even though we had some screaming, a lot of whining, crying, and no sleep. I love my in-laws (yes, still and will do another vacation with them). They are so fun and one of these days us girls will win our game.
Here's to- normal life and good memories!

2 comments:

Emily B said...

I hate that panic feeling when you lose your child. I constantly feel like that at the Mountain's Edge park. I can't imagine how you were feeling at Sea World!

We're going to San Diego in two weeks and want to go one of the animal parks. Would you recommend the Wild Animal Park or the Zoo?

Ashlee said...

Diane your trip looked so fun! I'm sorry it was so CHILLY!!! How scary to lose Matthew, I'm so glad that he was alright.

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.