Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

This is a yummy breakfast or dinner (oats do a body good!)

I cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup - I used 1/2 and it was WAY to much sugar.

Baked Oatmeal

2 cups uncooked regular or quick-cooking oats (both work)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk or water (Iused milk)
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 large egg, beaten

Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl. Combine the milk, applesauce, butter and egg. Add to oatmeal mixture and pour into a 8-inch square baking dish.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve warm and the cool the restand store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

Yum! I'm going to try this for sure. Thanks for the great recipes. Hope you're feeling better.

Membership Required said...

Hey I know asking this question is probably like asking a flight attendant if she knows so and so because well airlines are so big and so is the Morman church. But I just thought maybe y'all might know them some how.

http://spencer-crystal5.blogspot.com/

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.