Monday, January 12, 2009
Potty on the Potty --PLEASE!!!
We are trying to potty train Matthew. So far no luck. I bought the books on training, we talk about it, we bought cute car underwear and so far I am getting nothing but more dirty diapers to change. Matthew turns 3 in March and I think it is time he learns to use the big boy potty. Especially when he is telling me he is peeing or pooping in his diaper. He thinks the potty is a evil thing. So we bought him a little potty of his own. And I hate that thing-it is so small and I have to clean out what goes in there! Yuck! And he still doesn't want to sit on it. Why is this so hard? I will probably have Izzie potty trained before Matthew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of my favorite pictures
About Me
- Diane Jaggi
- This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.
Family and Friends
- Aileen and Brandon
- Amy and Rob Simpson
- Angie and Brandon Wright
- Ashlee and Elliot Bailey
- Ashlee Photo
- Ashley and Jon
- Avery Nelsen
- Becky and Kevin Goins
- Emilee and Bill Carruth
- Holly Fisher
- Holly Spears
- Jake and Ashley Jaggi
- Janet and Aaron Shumway
- Jenny Gayan
- Jeremy and Taren Morris
- Jill and Tyson Watson
- John and Joanna Anderson
- Kam and Jenna Hibbard
- Kari and Garrett Walker
- Karrisa Bagley
- Kate and Zach Hulet
- Katie and Randy Tucker
- Kevin and Emily Bowman
- Kiersten Kobel
- Leigh Ann and Will Downer
- Leigh Ann's Living Providently
- Lena (Jaggi) Phillips
- Liz and Matt Higginson
- Mccall Morrison
- Merry Lynn Guy
- Mike and Lindsay Simons
- Natalie and Rodney Vickers
- Nate and Sara Bingham
- Nina and Justin Winward
- Rachel Simpson
- Rob and Kendra Tucker
- Ryan and Brittany Hunt
- Samye and Dustin Peterson
- Skeeter Allen
- Susan and Brad Anderson
- The Jackson Family
7 comments:
Hi Diane! Sorry to hear about your potty struggles. In the world of psychology and therapists we love social stories and positive reinforcement schedules for potty training. Good luck!
Thanks for the comment on the books, I was so excited to see you put Christy, my mom got me a copy for Christmas, a used one as it's out of print, I can't wait to read it now! Is 'These is my words' sad? I've never read Anne of Green Gables either but LOVE it, got the DVDs for Christmas too!
I don't envy you one bit! I hear boys are hard to train... and it's true that something different works for each child!
P.S. I love your new family picture on the top- you look super fantastic with the side swooping bangs!
Potty training...yuck! Good luck...that is one of the hardest thing (I thought) because you want to stay somewhat positive but when they are going to the bathroom all over the place...blah! You should talk to Erin- I know she has a one day method with potty training and it has worked on all three of her kids!!! I know I will when the time comes with Bennett!!
those kiddo potties are distgusting, I don't know if I'd want to clean it out, just buy a bunch and throw them out!!!
I know you said you got the books. But did you get this one? I swear it works. Campbell was day trained by two and is completely night trained now at 2.5 I am telling you it works.
http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Training-Less-Than-Day/dp/0671693808
Also if you havent already...ditch the diapers or pull ups. Put him in big boy pants...he wont like the wet feeling. Read this book! Also there is a video out called "once upon a potty." and that seems to be really good too for the effect that they see others going poo and pee in real and character type people. Call me if you want...I will be training Travis this August/September (right around twenty months.) Good luck and really read this book!
Big Hugs.
I also think Avery will be potty trained before Joshua. Actually, I'm in the beginning stages of training both of them at the same time. I considered a mini potty or a smaller toilet cover, but then heard my sister's friend didn't use either. She had them sit backwards on the potty, I guess they feel more comfortable or something. I tried it tonight and Joshua enjoyed sitting that way, while Avery enjoyed helping close the lid. Naked time for the kids will probably be more common in our household now.
Boys are hard and I've read most aren't ready until they're at least three. So I haven't worried about it with Joshua. I'll talk about it, keep letting him try and keep it a positive experience, but not stress because sooner or later he'll decide he wants to. For me, I don't want to force such a tough thing (not now, at least). If it's more headache for me, I'd rather change a poopy diaper than make my kids go on the toilet then clean up their
messy accidents on the floor.
I hope you find something that works for you and wish you luck! And pass along any great tips.
Potty training is hard and gross. Hero is almost done potty training. It was way easier to potty train Hero then Chanse. I tried several times with Chanse and it didn't work until he was 3 years and 4 months. And he still has some issues with the potty. Just because you want Mathew to do it doesn't mean he will want to. We need to get together soon. Call me!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment