Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eggs and a sandwichmaker who knew..

Okay this is an odd post, but I now cook all my fried eggs this way. Who knew a sandwichmaker and an egg belonged together, two peas in a pod, like peanut butter and jelly, Bert and Ernie -okay now I am just rambling.

One day I was blog hopping and I ran into this article and tried it and now I am hooked. It makes the perfect fried eggs and they are a triangle - more perfect for the little ones who are learning shapes! I plug in my sandwich maker (which by the way I never used very much and now it makes it appearance at least once or twice a week) 1 minute wait. I spray my triangle shapes (depending how many eggs I am cooking from 1 to 4) with Pam. I crack open my eggs and S&P them then close and lock my sandwichmaker. 1 to 1.5 minutes I turn over my sandwichmaker let it sit then 1 minute later I remove my eggs. I like mine a little runny in the yolk. But you can cook it longer and have a hard middle. They are perfect and so little clean-up. Try it if you have a sandwichmaker and let me know how it goes!

3 comments:

Samye said...

I have never tried it just with eggs...we put two pieces of bread and then crack an egg on it...but you idea sounds so much easier!!!

Emster said...

What a great idea!!! I am totally going to try it. Thanks!

Mike and Jenny said...

Makes me wish I had a sandwich maker...

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.