Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I can die a happy woman with this in my belly!

Sorry I don't have any pictures - it was too good to find a camera. It had to get in my mouth. It is a meal you will want to feed to guests, your in-laws or a romantic dinner with your hunny! (PS my kids just loved it too!) Pare this with some crusty bread-chicken (follow my chicken see below) or steak and you are in business.


Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
by barefoot contessa
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, porcini, and portobello
• 1/2 cup good olive oil
• 1 cup chopped shallots (4 large)
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)
• 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (FRESH!)

Directions:

Brush the caps of each mushroom with a clean sponge. Remove and discard the stems. Slice the small mushrooms thickly and cut the large ones in a large dice.

Heat the olive oil in a large (11 - inch) Dutch oven or saucepan. Add the shallots and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the shallots are translucent. Add the butter, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, until they are tender and begin to release their juices, stirring often. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Toss in the parsley, sprinkle with salt, and serve warm.

Here is the recipe on her page:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/sauteed-wild-mushrooms-recipe2/index.html


****Awesome date night dish with toasted french or sourdough bread. After taking the mushrooms out of the pan, time to make a sauce to go on top of it (and dip our bread in, so we just added a bit more butter (1 T) and some heavy cream (1/8 to ¼ cup) to the pan and stir for a few minutes (which still had the chopped shallots and mushroom juices in it and voila! - a delicious sauce.

I cooked some chicken tenders with salt and pepper and a dash of Johnny's Garlic Seasoning over medium heat then put them to the side under foil and when I finished cooking the mushrooms and sauce I added the chicken to the sauce and I about fell over- it was soooo good! I am telling you SOOOO GOOOOOOD! One of my top five meals. I could have this meal and die, I am that happy.

For dessert we had the blackberry cobbler from Pioneer Woman - I am a happy woman tonight!
Follow PW:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/the_great_cobbl/

1 comment:

Membership Required said...

when I first saw the title I didn't think you were talking about food.

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.