Monday, June 28, 2010

Best of the best Cobbler

I have to say this is the best cobbler I have ever had. And I have had many in my life. It is from the Pioneer Woman and man can she cook/bake! I make this for my dad, but I think I enjoy it a tiny bit more than he does, and that is saying something. Add ice cream with the finished product and you will be sing a happy little tune!

Little note -for a big family, like mine (10+ people) add another half batch and don't go easy on the berries. Raspberry and peaches have been my favorite!


Cobbler
Prep Time: 20 Minutes; Cook Time: 1 Hour; Difficulty: Easy; Servings: 8

Ingredients
• 1 stick Butter
• 1-¼ cup Sugar
• 1 cup Self-Rising Flour **
• 1 cup Milk
• 2 cups Blackberries or any berries (frozen Or Fresh)

Preparation Instructions
Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.
Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.
**Note:
When I have to use self-rising flour, which I don’t keep on hand, I use 1 cup of regular flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Then just pretend I used self-rising flour and it works great.

No comments:

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.