Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Best Pancakes I have ever made

Blue Ribbon Pancakes

2 large eggs
2 T unsalted butter - melted (I used nonstick pan and didn't use)
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt (I ran out and used plain yogurt and added vanilla extract to taste)
3/4 whole milk (I added skim)
maple syrup

1. Place the eggs in a small bowl and add hot tap water to cover.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yogurt, milk and eggs and whisk until blended. Heat up skillet over med heat.
3. Measure out pancakes to size you like (we like silver dollar size) Let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Serve with Real Maple syrup

So YUMMY! I am not a pancake person (Matthew loves them) and I tried these and I ate tons -couldn't get enough. I also froze the cooked leftovers and ate them for breakfast the next few days. I found this from 'real food for healthy kids'

No comments:

One of my favorite pictures

One of my favorite pictures

About Me

My photo
This is our family of 5 and our crazy fun life. I like to brag about my kids and share my recipes that I try out. I love to cook, read, hang out with my family and friends.